Here's an easy project to make for the holidays. You can use this shabby chic heart as a tree ornament, gift topper
or napkin holder.
1. Cut about an 18" length of copper wire (24 guage).
2. Begin to weave the wire in and out of the sheer ribbon, about a 1/4" from the top of the ribbon. I used a 7/8" wide sheer ribbon. Continue weaving the ribbon until you develop a nice ruffle.
3. Twist the two ends of the wire together - and shape the wired ribbon into a heart.
4. Create a bow from 3/8" wide pink velvet ribbon and secure bow to the tip of the heart with wire.
5. Add a dried rose bud to the velvet ribbon with a small piece of wire.
You can vary the ornament's look with different kinds of sheer ribbon and other tiny decorations.