For my postcard, I chose a transparency of a vase of flowers near a window. The gray and white transparency was very dull looking. First, I tried coloring the top of the image with oil pastels. That didn't work so I wiped off the color. Next, I tried coloring the back of the image with heavy strokes of oil pastels. This resulted in subdued pale colors. I then attached the transparency to a postcard-sized sheet of pink vellum. I had enhanced the vellum with some additional pink pastel.
The (free) female image is from Lisa's Altered Art. You must visit her site. She has the prettiest little girl images.