I was cleaning up my Studio when I came across these Christmas Cards that I made a few years ago. I had attended a short workshop and we spent the afternoon creating these quick Holiday cards.
- Using a 22” x 30” sheet of watercolor paper (200-lb), begin painting soft washes of color across the entire sheet. Choose your favorite shades of watercolor paints. Let dry.
- Splatter white acrylic paint across the entire sheet. Do this by loading a stiff brush with thinned paint and flicking the brush tip with your thumb to propel the paint onto the paper. Dry.
- Use a pencil to divide the sheet into rectangles (about 4 ½” wide x 3 ¼” tall).
- Quickly paint simple images on the rectangles such as small houses or trees. Add snow drifts, roads or a path to your homes.
- Splatter additional acrylic paint over your images. Let dry.
- Use a portable watercolor brush to wet the pencil lines around your small paintings. Let the water rest awhile. Once the paper has absorbed the water, pull the paper away from the water line to create a deckle edge. Make sure that you pull the paper right to left instead of pulling the paper up.
- Glue your paintings on blank greeting cards. Now, you're ready to send out your Holiday Greetings.