In Bernadette Jiwa's book, Make Your Idea Matter: Stand Out with a Better Story, she offers Twenty Ways to Nurture Your Ideas.Here are five of my favorite suggestions from Jiwa's list:
- Understand your creative process. Be aware of what drives you. Reflect on how you make things happen.
- Use tools that inspire you - leather journals, coloured pens, scrapbooks, green ink....
- Be on a mission. Why does the idea excite you? Why this idea, why now? What difference will it make in the world?
- Don't set goals. Just Go!
- Practice blue-sky thinking. Ask "what if?"