Are you ready to kick your creativity up a notch? Then begin making some changes to your Art Studio.
- Add more light to your studio by pulling up the shades, removing the window curtains or investing in an OttLite. The latter offers artists the ability to see the true colors in their art work and clear details. The light also reduces glare and eyestrain. I have been using an OttLite for many years for painting, bead embroidery and reading.
- When was the last time you changed your Inspiration Board? If you look at the same images day after day, they soon blend into the background – and become unnoticed. A revamp of your board may improve your focus and increase your creativity. Surrounding yourself with images and objects that have positive associations can also stir up happy and soothing feelings. As you can see, I just redid my own Inspiration Board.
- .Clear the clutter from your art table and room and you’ll feel more calm, organized and in control. If you can’t devote an entire day to clutter control, set aside ten minutes each day to tidy up your studio.
- Depending on your individual preferences, set a tranquil or energized atmosphere with your favorite music choices.
- Create a comforting ambiance with soft cozy chairs, pillows and thick rugs.
- Paint your walls in your favorite color. Scientists claim that creative tasks are performed most successfully when people are surrounded by blue walls. I think that wall color may depend on the individual. I function best and feel calmer when my walls are white.
What changes will you make to your Art Studio today?