I needed some embellishments for a mixed media art project. Instead of purchasing them, I handcrafted the embellishments using a Wilton Fondant & Gum Paste Mold and Creative Paperclay.
Here's the steps I took to make them:
- Dust mold with cornstarch - break off pieces of clay and push into mold.
- Carefully lift embellishments from the mold.*
- Let dry overnight on a wire rack.
- Seal dried forms with gesso; dry for 24 hours.
- If desired, paint embellishments with acrylic paint.
*Alternately, you can dry the shapes right in the mold. Since Paperclay shrinks when it is cured, the embellishments should easily pop out.
I purchased my mold from a craft store.