Today I experimented with my Gelli Arts Printing Plate and made some nature monoprints.
I gathered weeds from a field near my home. My neighbors probably wondered why I was clipping weeds and not flowers. Here are some of the things that I learned about nature printing:
- Tube acrylic paint worked better than liquid acrylic paint.
- Navy paint did not give me the effect that I expected.
- Dried, painted weeds produced better impressions that fresh weeds.
- Thin weed blossoms give sharper imprints than thick blossoms.
- It's important to just continue to make prints and then edit your results later.
The color stencil came from an advertisement in a fashion magazine. I enjoyed nature printing and plan to do some more experiments