A few years ago, I posted this Heart Ornament Tutorial which is my original design. Since the ornament would enhance any style of Christmas Tree - and it is so easy to make - I'm sharing the tutorial again. Here are the supplies that I used:
1. Cut about an 18" length of copper wire (24 guage).
2. Begin to weave the wire in and out of the sheer ribbon, about a 1/4" from the top of the ribbon. I used a 7/8" wide sheer ribbon. Continue weaving the ribbon until you develop a nice ruffle.
3. Twist the two ends of the wire together - and shape the wired ribbon into a heart.
4. Create a bow from 3/8" wide pink velvet ribbon and secure bow to the tip of the heart with wire.
5. Add a dried rose bud to the velvet ribbon with another small piece of wire.
You can vary the look of the ornament with different colors of sheer ribbon and other tiny decorations. In addition to hanging it on a tree, you could use it as a gift topper, wall decor or napkin ring holder.
I'm linking to the Sunday Showcase Party where you can find more creative ideas.