No mixed media art topic today. I spent the day baking homemade cookies. However, one of our favorite recipes actually uses a mix. Here's an easy recipe for Chocolate Chip Biscotti. Hope you enjoy it.
Chocolate Chip Biscotti (Adapted from a Betty Crocker Recipe)
-1 Pouch Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
-6 Tabl. Butter, Softened
-4 Tabl. All-Purpose Flour
-½ Cup Walnuts, Chopped
½ Cup Dried Cranberries
-1 ½ Cups Trader Joe Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- Blend cookie mix, butter, egg, flour, walnuts, cranberries and chocolate chips until stiff dough forms.
- Shape dough into two long logs. Slightly flatten logs.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 to 25 minutes on lightly greased cookie sheet. Cool 15 minutes.
- Cut each log into ¾ inch slices. Place slices on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for 10 to 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- You can also drizzle melted chocolate over the biscotti.