If you regularly read my blog, you know that I'm always trying to Squeeze More Art into My Life. Recently, I came up with the following ideas and decided to share them with you on my blog.
BTW, How do you squeeze more art into your life?
MAKE MORE ART
- Get in the practice of doodling daily.
- Draw everywhere and all the time. An artist is a sketchbook with a person attached: Irwin Greenberg.
- Take an online Art course.
- Draw every day for at least half an hour. If you don't feel like it then draw until you do: Author Unknown.
- Carry a stash of Artist Trading Cards (ATC) around with you – and use them daily.
- If you watch TV, draw during the commercials.
- A drawing a day keeps the cobwebs away. (Robert Genn)
- Commit to an online Weekly Art Challenge, e.g., Illustration Friday.
- Make drawing part of your Art Journaling process.
- Draw your daily purchases - food or products.
- Draw cartoons. Start a series. Check out the Drawing Words & Writing Pictures site.
- Create a drawing/painting for each letter of the alphabet.
- Draw a series of birds, realistic or comical.
- Keep your sketchbook/art journal by your laptop for quick sketches.
- Go on a Sketch Crawl, with friends or by yourself. Sketch local landmarks, or shoppers in a Mall.
- Explore a new art form through a book from the library or a book store.
- Learn the basics of Calligraphy - or brush up on Calligraphy.
- Using cardstock, cut up a bunch of inches (1” x 1”). Keep them by your desk to make instant art.
- Use the remainder of your morning tea or coffee to create a quick painting.
- Create some grids and fill them in with sketches or doodles.
- Practice different techniques in: watercolor; acrylics or pen & ink.
©Darlene Maciuba-Koppel – Cinnamon Pink